About the project
The Nerve Centre's 'Digital Makers in the Community' project is partnered with nine Neighbourhood Renewal Cultural Hubs in the north west to deliver an exciting programme of digital creativity involving more than 1,400 disadvantaged young people.
From music to films to computer games to inventions created using the latest FabLab digital fabrication technologies, each young person will make and share something digital. Children and young people will:
- Create and collaborate on music tracks, games, films, animations, and FabLab digital maker inventions
- Gain OCN qualifications and new skills through 180+ workshops, accredited courses, bite-sized sessions and family-friendly activities
- Event manage and perform at showcase events
- Take part in 6 themed Interactive Family Days
- Be inspired and empowered to take the next step towards a career in the creative industries
- Develop confidence and self-esteem, and make new friends
The project will improve young people's economic and life chances, foster creativity and participation, as well as supporting social inclusion, digital inclusion and equality.